Computer Science Course
Learn ICT-related knowledge and skills and become an expert in the information society!
Computer Science Course
- Miyagino Campus
Students in this course learn ICT-related expertise and skills, and aim to obtain a global license in information processing, such as Microsoft Office Specialist! Tablet computers (Surface) are also used regularly in classes, and offer electives for students who are not good at science or math.
Goals of the Computer Science Course
Educational GoalsFostering information technology experts who have awareness, sensibility, and ability as lifelong learners related to information technology and contribute to regional development.
Career Guidance GoalFor students wish to enter universities (including professional universities) and vocational schools with the focus of ICT, mainly through methods such as general, comprehensive, and school-recommended selection applications.
For students who have these goals
- Students who wish to become ICT experts by obtaining qualifications related to information processing.
- Students who wish to enter universities or vocational schools with ICT focused.
Four points of Computer Science Course
acquire qualifications such as global licenses (Microsoft Office Specialist examinations) and information processing examinations
Students are recommended to acquire certifications for the Information Processing Examination Levels 1-3 and Microsoft Office Specialist Excel & Expert within their 3 years in our school. All students are required to take the school-set course "Global License" (MOS exam) for three years. Our school is the only high school in the Tohoku region that is certified for the MOS exam.
Lend a tablet PC (Surface) for 3 years
One tablet PC (Surface) will be lent to each student for three years as a part of the course, and classes will be held using it in subjects other than ICT-related subjects.
School setting courses such as programming and website development are offered
We also offer a wide range of school setting subjects such as programming and website creation specially for students in this course. Students learn how to create websites and applications for smartphones, as well as AI programming.
Improvements on communication skills
In the Computer Science Course, students have many opportunities to make and present on what they have learned to improve their communication skills, and transmitting information to their audience. From the first year, elective courses are available for students who are not good at science or mathematics.
Major enrolled Universities
- Fukushima University
- The University of Aizu
- Meiji University
- Hosei University
- Tokai University
- Toyo University
- Tokyo City University
- Nihon University
- Senshu University
- Seijo University
- Kanto Gakuin University
- Daito Bunka University
- Teikyo University
- Rissho University
- Kogakuin University
- Otsuma Women’s University
- Tokyo Future University
- Kanagawa University
- Kanagawa Institute of Technology
- Toin University of Yokohama
- Yokohama University of Pharmacy
- Shoin University
- Tokyo International University
- Josai International University
- Tokyo University of Information Sciences
- Shukutoku University
- Chiba Institute of Technology
- Tohoku University of Art and Design
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Tohoku Gakuin University
- Tohoku Institute of Technology
- Tohoku Bunka Gakuen University
- Miyagi Gakuin Women's University
- Sendai Shirayuri Women’s College
- Shokei Gakuin University
- Ishinomaki Senshu University
※Results up to March 2020 graduates
Messages from Current Students
My dream is to develop apps! You can acquire specialized knowledge.
Each student in the course are able to use their Surface to create reports for the class. In creative exercises class, I sometimes use programming languages to create new computer applications. In the future, I would like to get a job on developing new computer software.
We learn and improve from each other, and the same happens in my club and my study.
The track and field team competes with each other within as small as 0.1 seconds, but we still have a friendly rivalry with each other. I feel the same way when it comes to my studies to keep myself standing at the top within my grade. Since I use a Surface in class regularly, I can easily adapt to online classes.
Related information (The link is to a Japanese page)
- Guaranteed University Admission
- Experience of passing the university
- Curriculum / Computer Science Course
- About qualifications acquisition
- Successful completion of MOS and information processing examinations
- Messages from current students
- Two Students won 1st Prize and Prize in Domestic High School Category at "MOS World Student Tournament 2019"
- "e-Sports Course" of Computer Science Course